Vote Palestine is a grassroots campaign “aimed at engaging, educating and mobilizing Canadian voters to include justice for Palestine as one of their key election issues.”
Vote Palestine’s Political Platform
END MILITARY TRADE AND COOPERATION WITH ISRAEL
- Cancel the drone contract with Israeli weapons company Elbit Systems
- End Israeli military recruitment in Canada by enforcing the Canadian Foreign Enlistment Act
- Suspend all bilateral trade of weapons and military services with Israel until it complies with international law.
END THE TRADE OF GOODS AND SERVICES FROM ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS
- Ban the trade of goods and services from Israeli settlements.
- End all forms of economic, military, and academic cooperation with Israeli settlements.
- Revoke the charitable status of Canadian charities which are found to materially support the Israeli military, settlements or occupation.
UPHOLD INTERNATIONAL LAW FOR PALESTINIANS
- Use economic and diplomatic tools to pressure the Israeli government to immediately end the occupation and lift the siege on Gaza.
- Recognize the State of Palestine and support its efforts to seek redress at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- Vote in support of all UN resolutions which aim to uphold Palestinian human rights.
PROTECT FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION ON PALESTINE
- Respect the right of Canadians to support the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement, as non-violent tools of resistance and protected forms of expression.
- Reject the IHRA definition of antisemitism, and commit to fighting antisemitism without conflating it with criticism of Israel, and without undermining free expression and activism for Palestinian human rights.
Candidates who signed the Vote Palestine’s candidate pledge:
Daniel Brisbin (Green Party, Battele River – Crowfoot)
Aidan Blum (Green Party, Banff – Airdrie)
Aisha Jahangir (NDP, Guelph)
Christina Love (NDP, Scarborough North)
Beisan Zubi (NDP, Kitchener Centre)
Josh Floyd (NDP, Fundy Royal)
Vote Palestine’s Coordinating Partners:
- Arab Canadian Lawyers Association (ACLA)
- Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East (CJPME)
- Independent Jewish Voices Canada (IJV Canada)
- Just Peace Advocates (JPA)
- Palestine Youth Movement Toronto (PYM)
Vote Palestine’s Endorsers:
- Palestine House – Toronto
- Canadian BDS Coalition
- Niagara Movement for Justice in Palestine Israel (NMJPI)
- Rideau Institute
- Palestiniens et juifs unis (PAJU)
- United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel (UNJPPI)
- Oakville Palestinian Rights Association (OPR)
- Palestine Solidarity Network Edmonton/ Treaty 6 territory
- Mennonite Church Canada Palestine – Israel Network
- Canada – Palestine Support Network (CanPalNet)
- Beit Zatoun
- World Beyond War
- Global Peace Alliance BC Society
- Atlantiv Canada Palestinian Society (ACPS)
- Bathurst United Church
- Justice for All Canada
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace
- Anti – Imperialist Alliance (AIA)
- Peace Alliance Winnipeg
- Canadian Foreign Policy Institute
- Labor for Palestine
- Samidoun – Palestinian prisoner Solidarity Network
- Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW)
- Socialist Action
- Canadian Council of Imams
- Palestine Just Trade
- Kingston Peace Council
- Integrity Not Spite Against Falastin (INSAF)
- Justice for Palestinians – Calgary
- PalNet Pacific
- United Jewish People’s Order
- Canadian Defenders for Human Rights (CD4HR)
- Quakers Canadian Friends Service Committee
- CJPME Okanagan
- Youth Migration Project
- Palestinian Association of Brantford
- Jackson Crockett Art
- Academics for Palestine-Concordia
- Canadian Arab Federation (CAF)
- Al Rashid Education Foundation
- Amzad Amiri Professional Corporation
- Human Rights for All – Saskatchewan
- Educators for Justice – Waterloo Catholic School Board
- Regina Peace Council
- Physio Art Rehabilitation
- Quebec Solidaire
- Al-Quds Committee Toronto
- Bruce R. Allen Paralegal
- Independent Jewish Voices Winnipeg
- Ed Corrigan Law
- University of Toronto Law Union
- Knowledge Track Inc.
- Al-Haadi Musalla
- Citron Consulting INC.
- Free Palestine Calgary
- Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid Victoria
- Caia Victoria
- Rf Concept Inc.
- Toronto Palestine Film Festival
- Solidarity for palestinian Human Rights (SPHR)
- Palestinian Youth Movement
- Palestinian Youth Movement Vancouver
- People for Peace London
- Edmonton Small Press Association
- Canadian Boat to Gaza
- El Hafi Holdings Inc.
- iWi Cooperative
- Dr. Enas Clinic
- Catholic for Justice and Peace in the Holy Land (CJPHL)
- Daily Tous Les Jours
- Mennonite Church Manitoba Palestine-Israel Working Group
- Rahmat Centre