Kamil Ahmad is a Toronto-based Imam and scholar. He studied at the Islamic University of Madinah and Qassim University in Saudi Arabia. Over the last decade, he has lectured in various countries and appeared on a number of satellite channels, including Peace TV and Huda TV. Ahmad has also been teaching for the Islamic Online University since 2010 where he currently serves as assistant professor for the MAIS (Masters in Islamic Studies) program.
On February 21, 2020 Kamil Ahmad posted:
Sūrah al-Jumuʿah [Friday] talks about the Jews, while Sūrah al-Munāfiqūn [hypocrites] talks about the hypocrites. The common denominator between the two is that both know the truth and then turn away from it. Allah has warned us of this evil characteristic by mentioning these two groups throughout the Qur’ān so that we don’t fall into it ourselves.
On December 26, 2012 Kamil Ahmad posted:
Ibn Taymiyyah goes on to say: “The Jews exaggerate in the purification of their bodies while their hearts remain filthy, and the Christians claim that they purify their hearts while their bodies remain impure; whereas the Muslims purify both their bodies and their hearts.” [Al-Jawāb al-Ṣaḥīḥ li-man Baddala Dīn al-Masīḥ 3/102]
Sūrah al-Jumuʿah [Friday] (Saheeh International)
1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is exalting Allah, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
2. It is He who has sent among the unlettered [Arabs] a Messenger from themselves reciting to them His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book [i.e., the Quran] and wisdom [i.e., the sunnah] – although they were before in clear error –
3. And [to] others of them who have not yet joined them. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
4. That is the bounty of Allah, which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty.
5. The example of those who were entrusted with the Torah and then did not take it on is like that of a donkey who carries volumes [of books]. Wretched is the example of the people who deny the signs of Allah. And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.
6. Say, “O you who are Jews, if you claim that you are allies of Allah, excluding the [other] people, then wish for death, if you should be truthful.”
7. But they will not wish for it, ever, because of what their hands have put forth. And Allah is Knowing of the wrongdoers.
8. Say, “Indeed, the death from which you flee – indeed, it will meet you. Then you will be returned to the Knower of the unseen and the witnessed, and He will inform you about what you used to do.”