On May 18, 2021 thousands participated in a pro-Palestinian rally organized by the Palestine House at the Celebration Square in Mississauga, Ontario. Later the protesters marched on the main streets of Mississauga and returned to the Celebration Square.
Two of the vehicles that escorted the protesters displayed on the rear window an image of a Kalashnikov (AK-47) assault rifle and the word “Palestine” in Arabic.
The AK-47 assault rifle is well known as the symbol of the Islamic and Palestinian armed struggle. Its image is embedded on logos of the following organizations and terrorist groups among others:
- Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine
- Abu Ali Mustafa Batallions (PFLP)
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (Fatah)
- Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command (PFLP-GC)
- Popular Resistance Committees
- Palestinian Liberation Front
- Harakat al-Sabireen